Re: Milano refused to start

Abe is having a hard time starting his Milano.  I hear you Abe, and I
feel your pain.

I have had similar problems with my '87 Platinum.  It will start right
away, but then runs like a car with the choke closed, stuttering like it
is flooding with gas.  It will then run a bit like this (30 seconds) and
eventually die.  During this time, the engine will not rev up, also the
battery light on the Alfa control is blinking.  I am assuming the car is
flooding because I can then floor the accelerator and crank the engine
for awhile upon witch it will start.  Once I get it started after all
this it runs fine.  I can rev it up and the battery light stops
blinking.

This just happened tonight on the way home from work (-2 F).  Once I got
home I was going to pop the hood and hook up my battery charger but
things are to stiff and the hood release from the inside of the car
won't open the hood.  Things have a tough time working when it gets
cold.

I have no suggestions other than I know the engine needs full voltage to
operate properly so I suspect my battery and/or alternator.

Scott Swanberg, St. Paul, MN