Milano refused to start

Alfisti

This morning I went to start my Milano but I had no luck. With all the talk
about the engine breather I decided to take the assembly inside and give a
good cleaning job. There was a lot of creamy yellowish-brownish fluid in the
hose and canister. We had a big snowstorm here in Madison last night with a
lot of blowing snow. When I opened the hood, the engine compartment was
covered with snow specially the front part. I tried to remove as much as
possible before I attempted to start the car. My car normally starts from
the first click and if it did not, then I have to depress the gas pedal and
it will start. This time no start from the first click and when I depressed
the gas pedal it stared but died when I lifted my foot. I tried again and
kept my foot all the way down it started and ran very rough and RPM would
not go up. I let it run like that for awhile hoping to get the engine warmed
up but no luck. I opened the air filter housing and checked to see if AFM
was frozen but it was not and no snow was in the housing either. The inlet
was clean also.  The car now would not start. I suspected fouled plugs, so I
took them out and sure enough they were gassed-up very good. I cleaned and
dried them very good. I charged the battery. Now I am ready to rock and
roll, but the car said forget it I am not ready yet. So I checked for spark
at distributor and at the plug both existed. Checked for gas at the
regulator sure enough there was gas it was coming on its own when I lower
the hose. The tank was full. After the first try on the clean plugs I
disconnected the cold start valve so it would not foul the plugs again.
After several tries the car would not start. I inspected and clean terminals
of temp switch and all the relays in the engine compartment. Still no start.
I checked the plugs and they were wet again. Need help soon. What to check
for next and how? I have the shop manual which I am going to read and see if
it could help me.

Later

Abe - has the Alfa blues and very down at this time.

Madison, WI

88 Milano Gold Auto - Not cooperating