Re: Alfetta Rear Brake Caliper..Shot?

My most recent maintenance on my 79 Alfetta Sprint Veloce was to replace the
rear brake pads and to replace a badly scored RR rotor.  The half-shaft and
old rotor came off pretty nicely.  As I backed off the mechanical adjuster,
the outside piston backed off nicely, but the inside (7mm?) adjuster just spun
and the piston did not respond.  Also the outside adjuster started to leak
brake fluid around the adjuster after I released the locknut.  I have tried to
put backward pressure on the piston while trying to retract, but no joy.  Is
my caliper toast and in need of replacement or rebuild?

Jerry in Houston