re: Crane ignitions

Bill Harkell asked about a couple of different electronic ignition
systems for his'69 Spider.  The electronics in the Crane and RML
systems are basically the same, but RML provides a new distributor
and tweaks the advance curve so it's significantly faster than stock.
Whether getting a new disbtributor along with electronic triggering is
worth the extra money depends on whether the old distributor is in good
shape, and whether you're happy with the advance curve.
Emission-controlled US models have a detuned advance curve, so there is
probably some performance to be gained back by switching distributors.  I
have the RML system on my 72 GTV and it has worked well for me.

Dana Loomis