Addenda to 1982 GTV-6 color combos

Since posting (in AD7-356) my ramblings on GTV-6 colors I came across a list
of touch-up paints in a parts bulletin from ARI, a few sheets in a shelf of
dirty notebooks from a defunct New England dealership which I have to finish
sorting. The GTV-6 section includes just six colors:
1981: AR 501 red
1981: AR 754 silver metallic
1981: AR 759 grey metallic
1982/83: AR 530 Alfa red
1982/83: AR 748 silver metallic
1982/83: AR 908 black metallic

One of the things which is confusing about Alfa colors is that the formulation
for what is ostensibly the same color can change from year to year, and the
name can also change from year to year. The AR 501 is listed in as "Alfa red"
in the Giulia/1750 body shop manual, the 2000 Berlina and GTV color chip
chart, and the 1978 Alfetta Sprint Veloce color chip chart, but simply as
"red" for the '81 GTV-6 touch-up paint while the "Alfa red" name reemerges as
AR 530 on the '82. But "Alfa red" on the '87 Milano is AR 555 on another ARI
Tech Bulletin. Similarly, AR 013 is Biancospino (hawthorne) in the Giulia/1750
body shop manual, but called "chalk" on the 2000 Berlina and GTV color chip
chart, while "chalk" on the 1978 Sport Sedan/ Sprint Veloce color chip chart
is AR 015. After the '78s ARI stopped using color code numbers along with
names on consumer literature, and none of the reference books I have use the
numbers; in d'Amico-Tabucchi "Alfa red" is listed as a color on everything
from the '54 Giulietta Sprint through the 75, with no clue that it refers to
at least three slightly different color formulations.

If you think that is a mess wait till you get to the silver and/or grey
metallics -

Sigh,

John H.