Re: alfa-digest V7 #351

Hi All,
Regarding block heaters and such J. Hertzman's comment of a battery blanket
reminded my of the years I spent in New Hampshire.  At the local auto parts
store I purchased a battery heater which was listed for a Volkswagen bus
application.  It was a flat plate which fit underneath the battery.  It fit
well under the 24 case battery in my '73 Datsun 1600 pick up.  For the one to
three weeks in the dead of winter when wake up and go to work temps would be
- -30 to -35 all of the cranking amps the battery had was available to turn the
starter.  It always started.

Wayne Abbott
Durham, NC
76 Alfetta GT