Clutch life

Does it make a difference in terms of clutch longevity where the "friction
point" of the clutch pedal is?  On my Milano, all I have to do is depress the
pedal about an inch or two for the clutch to disengage/engage.  My brother is
still not used to driving this car and he always floors the clutch pedal while
shifting.  I've heard that if the clutch has been adjusted so that the
disengagement occurred when the pedal was closer to the floor that it would
last longer.  Any truth to this?  Thanks.

Gary