Re: Reluctant Cold Starters

When these Bosch provided systems fail to catch on the first try, yes, it
is a problem.  The thermo-time switch cuts-out only after <twenty five>
seconds (cold) -- exactly what the re-set time is is not clear.  So when
you try again to start after and abortive effort, the cold-start valve
will be pouring raw gas atop raw gas already injected, and you are on your
way to a flooding which will be a real problem.

What I find <seems> to work is to throw the pedal totally to the floor
on subsequent tries (what actually happens in the world according to the
Duetsch geniuses I have no idea)(clearly, this approach <does> alleviate
flooding in a less "intelligent" system), and grind away until it does
fire.  (It is difficult, but a great deal <less> perilous to start the
Giulietta Veloce in cold weather, with essentially half-race cams and no
choke or other enriching device.  Progress....)

These cars seem to fire initially on the injection from the cold-start
valve alone.

r.m.bies