re: (Sadly) parting out a Milano Verde

mike, you said:
>I came to the unfortunate conclusion this weekend that the '88 Verde I
>bought last week needs a lot more work than I'd originally thought (that in
>conjunction with an apparent DMV registration problem...)  With regret - I
>have decided to part out most of the bits that I don't have a use for.
>Basically this means everything except the engine & wheels.
>
>Verde body kit (the car is painted gray) - includes bumpers, fog lights,
>side skirts, fender flares, trunk spoiler etc
>ABS brake parts (which all work, perhaps with a tired accumulator).
>Steering pump & rack.
>Verde Transaxle (3.55:1, LSD) in excellent condition.
>Verde interior & Recaro seats (heated on driver side) - which need
>reupholstering.
>Headlights, sway bars, sunroof bits, cruise control regulator....
> .... or anything else requested.
it seems to me, much as i'd like some stuff from that car, that you should NOT
be parting it out.  if all this stuff is good, how could it "need a lot more
work than (you'd) originally thought"?  as to dmv registration problems, as you
live in ca, i can understand THAT problem.  still no reason to trash a nice car.
i suggest you try selling/trading it to someone (out-of-state?) who could make
better use of it.  i had a similar situation recently, w/a 164, which i
purchased w/the intent of parting out - it's price/description before i saw it,
indicated that's what it'd be good for.  after getting the car, i soon realized
it was too nice to be parted - and i don't really think 164's are something that
need to be spared from the crusher, unlike werde's!  i was able to trade it for
services, and a 3.0 installed into my gtwe6 - which came from a wreck. the 3.0
is what i was after, in the 1st place...

so, much as i want the recaro interior, and a bunch of other misc. stuff - don't
part it out!

doug s.

ps - do you really want the wheels?  my werde's fone-dial wheels are soft as
butter - bend REAL easy.