Winter oil

I've been using 15W-50 Mobil in my Milano the last two winters and have
had no problems with starting or running.  I do however have a very
stiff shift lever until the tranny warms up.  I've always thought I
should use a lighter engine oil for those -20F mornings, but the manual
does not specify anything different and I've also heard the warnings
about not using light oil.  So I haven't.

Scott Swanberg, St. Paul, MN
'87 Milano Platinum