re: cars with salvage titles and dog adoption

Terry says to avoid cars that have salvage titles...
My 74 spider is one such animal. But it was not in a crash. Seats, wheels,
top, and trunk/hood were stolen in LA, so the thing was declared a total
loss by the PO's insurance company. I rescued it for a grand and restored
it. I did change color, reasoning that a clean car of a non-original color
is better than a dead car, which is how the basketcase of a car i got would
have ended up.
Same reasoning leads me to consider getting a dog next year, but only from
the pound. Now, i do not plan to repaint the animal, but will have some
alterations "from the original" done--- since the SPCA (no, not SPICA)
requires it when you adopt....

thx
luke

(San Mateo, CA)
74 Spider, 82 GTV6, 95 164LS, 93 Ford BigBird 5.0