RE: pertronix ignitor/cv boots

Peter Kemos wrote:
 =

> Can anyone please enlighten me as to what parts suppliers
> have Pertronix Ignitor electronic ignition conversions
> available for a '73 GTV 2L w/Marelli points...

> I opted for the Pertronix over the Crane since there is no
> external module, and performance/reliability seems to be
> about the same...

When I contacted Pertronix about 1 or 2 years ago, the only
Ignitor units they had that would fit Alfas required a Bosch
distributor in the Alfa. Any units they had that could install
into Marelli distys were for weird Marellis that weren't used
in any US Alfas.

This is not to say that an Ignitor could not be installed in
a common Marelli disty, but it's probably not worth the effort.
This is because the Crane XR700 (or XR3000) is a good, reliable
unit that is only a little more expensive than the Ignitor and
can be mounted out of sight (thou more easily in a Spider than GTV).

My first Crane XR700 was purchased from Imparts (800-325-9043)
at a very good price. The second unit I bought was discounted
less, but I would still get their price before buying elsewhere.

BTW there is an article on installing a Crane Cams ignition module
in a Marelli disty at the website:
 =

   http://www.catenary.com/victor/isaluti
 =

To read it select "Feature stories," "Ignition, charging," and
"Bye-bye Points."

Good luck,
 =

Rich Hirsch
'87 Milano
'78 Spider (Marelli-Plex'd)
'67 Duetto (XR-700'd)
'66 Sprint GTV <- my Catdaddy car (XR-700'd)
Editor, i Saluti, St Louis AROC
Website: http://www.catenary.com/victor/isaluti

End of alfa-digest V7 #326