Re: alfa-digest V7 #315

In a message dated 12/10/98 9:37:14 AM Eastern Standard Time, owner-alfa-
digest@domain.elided writes:

<<

I have a question regarding compression PSI on my 77 spider.  It smokes,
 mostly during decel.  58k original miles.   I did a compression check and got
a reading on all 4 at 80-85 PSI each.  I am going to rebuild the head due to
valve seals and guides.  I have plenty of power, but don't like to smoke.  I
am running webers.  Does the 80-85 PSI indicate ring ware, or is this OK?

Always appreciate the digest, and hope for some expert advise.

Thanks
Stan