Re: Rich-running 164S

"Morgan, Steve" <Steve.Morgan@domain.elided> writes...

>My newly re-motored 164S is getting about 14.5 mpg around town and has a
>distinct gasoline smell.  Otherwise, seems to be running fine.  It's at
Auto
>Delta (Dalton dropped in the new engine), and meanwhile I wondered if
anyone
>had experienced and cured this fuel line problem.

Steve-  Have you/they pulled any diagnostic codes, checked fuel pressure,
checked tail-pipe emmisions, and checked for vacuum leaks?  One possible
(easy) fix could be a dead-headed fuel pressure regulator which would
send the fuel pressure sky-high; mpg's way low.  A simple r&r would solve
that.

Let us know what you find,

Brad Anesi
'91 Project 164Q 5-speed

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]