Re: Low Gas Warning explosion....

Blaine wrote:

>	Now, for an interesting aside, how does Halon extinguish a fire if
>it neither cools the flame, displaces the oxygen, or removes the
>fuel?  The Navy, my esteemed employer, had to re-invent fire to solve
>this little delima.

Halon is a fairly massive compound.  According to my colleagues who develop
Naval aircraft fire fighting techniques, it does, in fact, displace the
atmosphere.  It also requires a very large oxygen ratio for ignition, and
so it starves the fire by providing an impossibly rich mixture.

Rich
Manitou Springs, CO
'82 GTV6 Balocco