Low Gas Warning explosion....

You asked why the contacts don't arc and give you a more stern
warning that the fuel is low...  The reason is that for combustion
there must be the three ingredients...  Fuel, Oxygen, and heat.  Now,
these must be in the proper proportions, and in the fuel tank the
fuel vapors are above what is called the upper explosive limit thus
there is no bang.
	Now, for an interesting aside, how does Halon extinguish a fire if
it neither cools the flame, displaces the oxygen, or removes the
fuel?  The Navy, my esteemed employer, had to re-invent fire to solve
this little delima. (I can't spell so it looks like I'm picking the
lima beans out of the mixed veggies...Yep, them veggies have been
de-lima'd)

Blaine Parkerson
90 Spyder Grad