re: Shankle sure start

In AD v7n279, Chris wrote:

>... you can get in front of them and pull out the knob, spewing smelly
exhaust at
>their car ...

That reminds me of tales from older cousins who said they mounted spark plugs
at the back end of their tailpipes on their 50's 'mericun street rods and when
the switch on the dash was flipped, the "rich carb" exhaust mixture was
ignited. Dual flames out the pipes (dual exhaust, of course) while the engine
ran (or was it only while the spark plug was "on"?).

Not suggesting anyone do this, nor will I take responsibility for the outcome
if anyone does attempt it, just dusting off a couple of dormant grey cells ...
and thinking if one was REALLY having trouble growing up ... nope, don't go
there. Never mind! :-)

ciao

Tom
'63 Spider
Seattle (where the wind and rain would chase the flame back up the pipe to the
valves)