Shankle sure start

Hi,
I had this device on my car for a couple of years when I was a poor college
student and couldn't afford a couple of hundred to replace the actuator. It
basically works like a manual choke : pull out the knob to adjust the amount
of fuel getting into the cylinders. It wasn't bad, but sometimes I forgot to
reduce the mixture (push the knob back), and wasted more gas than I needed
to. On the other hand, if somebody pisses you off in traffic, you can get in
front of them and pull out the knob, spewing smelly exhaust at their car
(yes, I'm still learning to grow up).
If you have the money, I would recommend going for the actuator, as I did;
it's much easier to use, and the car is mostly easier to start.
Chris Keen
'77 spider