Re: Flames, Quotes, and Hypocrisy

Rich,

On  Tue, 24 Nov 1998, Rich Wagner <drsavage@domain.elided> wrote:

>Sorry for the delay in this post.  I spent last week in Monterey, CA, and
>wasn't able to keep up with the Digest.  Yes, it was a real hardship...

>Regan, in response to my post about obeying the motor laws, wrote:

>> 	That stopped being an option the day you bought your first Alfa.

>Curious logic.  Owning an Alfa dictates that you break the law...

	No, you're confusing causality with correlation, go to the back of
the classroom, you just flunked logic.

>> Go ahead and try to deny to me and everyone else here on the AD that
>> you have always driven your Alfa at or below the posted speed limit.

>Yes, I do.  Why is that so hard for you to believe?  I also signal, pass,
>and do everything else as the laws of my state require.  Even so, I still
>have fun driving all of my cars.

	Ahem......yeah right.  And I'll bet you never masturbated as a
child either.  Cut the crap Mr. Perfect, everybody has gone faster than
the posted limit at some time.

>I get my real jollies at my local club's track days, where I can drive my
>Alfa to (or even past) its limit.

	Goody for you, I'm not as financially well off, I can't afford the
time or money to go the track.

>> Just because I'm
>> an adult does not mean that I have to be mature all the time.  Ditto
>> for the decency issue, if someone pisses me off on the road, I shoot
>> them the bird as everyone here on the AD knows now ad nauseum

>Yes, I figured as much.

	And lastly you little twerp, if you are going to quote me, don't
have the bad taste to do it out of context to get in some sort of
backhanded insult.
	The real sentence reads:

>	That stopped being an option the day you bought your first Alfa.
>Go ahead and try to deny to me and everyone else here on the AD that you
>have always driven your Alfa at or below the posted speed limit.  Didn't
>think so, so stop trying to take the high moral ground.  Just because I'm
>an adult does not mean that I have to be mature all the time.  Ditto for
>the decency issue, if someone pisses me off on the road, I shoot them the
>bird as everyone here on the AD knows now ad nauseum, BUT if I see
>someone in need of help and I have the ability to help, I usually stop
>regardless  of car make.  But I do tend to brake a little more quickly
>for attractive women <GRINS>.

	What I wrote was meant to be somewhat in jest, so why don't you
pull that stick out of your ass, send any e-mail like that to me
personally so you DON'T clutter up the AD bandwidth, and lastly here's a
quarter, go call someone who cares.

	 And the horse you rode in on.

						Typing with five fingers,
						Regan Copple
						79 Spider-black
				(coming soon)-->72 Montreal-silver
						73 Montreal-black

"It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness."
					-Lev Nikolayevich Tolstoy

End of alfa-digest V7 #282