GTV6 fuses

My GTV6 blew fuse four (8 amp - controls clock, indicators, radio, and, I
think, brake lights). The fuse which blew was rated 16amp. I replaced it
with an 8 amp fuse as per manual. It lasted about five days before blowing.
I replaced it with a 16 amp fuse which is still in one piece 200km later.
The fuse which blew had been in the car for as long as I've had it
~25,000km.

I wonder
a) how are other GTV6s wired - do others radios/cassettes/CDs operate like
mine without the ignition on?
b) when I snapped in the 16amp fuse I got some distinct puffs of smoke is
this to be expected or unusual
c) can fuses blow for no reason or is it more likely there is some
underlying problem of which the fuse is just the symptom

any and all comments welcome

Quentin
85 GTV6
bouque@domain.elided