Re: Montreals (cont.)

Regan,

> time I drive it and emerge victorious from one more
> drag-race on the streets of LA.  So who else wants
> to go for a ride?

So, when are you coming to Dallas ? <g>

Seriously, I'm reminded of the late Ray Sharp, who in the early 80s
had acquired a Montreal in need of serious restoration. Having just
completed the major part of the work, he then flew it (very low
flying) from  Melbourne to Alfesta 86 in Adelaide.

The road leading down into Adelaide can be quite twisty, and for Alfa
drivers it also happens to be quite a lot of fun. It was perhaps 9 pm,
autumn, dark, and Ray was, er, flying, when the negative cable on his
battery decided it was time to disconnect itself.

He was able to bring the car to a relatively uneventul stop (no
damage) but he told me it was an interesting experience.

At a later date he also was able to take the car out onto the Philip
Island circuit, and described it as being delightful and a lot of fun.
And he said that the circuit wasn't too bad either. :)

g.
Gary Stark              74 Alfa Spider
gstark@domain.elided  87 Alfa Milan (truncated)
http://redbacksWeb.com  91 Mercedes 190E
Up over in Dallas from down under in Sydney.

==
g.
Gary Stark
gstark@domain.elided