GTV-6 bang

Started my GTV-6 last night, bang !!  Guessed before I opened the hood
that I would find the plenum disconnected from the 6 inlet pipes due to
a backfire via the inlet side, which I did, plus the flexable between
the airflow and the throttle body had come of as well, connected
everything back up , crossed my fingers and started up, ran great no
problems, I know this has been discussed before on the digest, but I
can't remenber the answer, so why do GTV-6's do this ?! and what I can I
do to stop this (PO also had this happen)

Also last week on my way back from Le Mans into the port of Le Havre,
France, I saw inside the gates of a scrap yard a Bertone GTV/junior ?
which looked complete apart from headlights and grill, if anyone lives
close/ or will be passing and would like directions, please e-mail me.
- --
Adam Coombe, Isle of Wight, UK
83 GTV-6
83 Sud Gold Cloverleaf