backfire

Adam Coombe wrote:

>>>>>>>snip
Started my GTV-6 last night, bang !!  Guessed before I opened the hood
that I would find the plenum disconnected from the 6 inlet pipes due to
a backfire via the inlet side, which I did, plus the flexable between
the airflow and the throttle body had come of as well, connected
everything back up , crossed my fingers and started up, ran great no
problems, I know this has been discussed before on the digest, but I
can't remenber the answer, so why do GTV-6's do this ?! and what I can I

do to stop this (PO also had this happen)

Add us to the list.  My girlfriend experienced the same thing in her
Milano.  Best recommendation, do Not touch the accelerator when starting
and check all vacuum hoses for cracks or leakage.  Unfortunately the
Milano lacks the nifty hood scoop of the GTV6 to disguse the fresh
dents.  Kind of reminded me of seeing a supercharger blow off a top fuel
dragster.  Maybe we should all install those safety straps now mandated
by the NHRA.   B-)

Ian