RE: So, Kent.......you need a Spider?

Bryan Carter wrote:
>   It would help to know where you're at, what year Spiders
> you're looking for, and what price range you're in.
<snip>

To Bryan and Blaine Parkerson, who are trying to help
me out of my sanity, I said I am "wanting" a spider,
not "buying" one, at least not yet. Right now there
are three things standing in my way:

1) Three kids won't fit.
2) I drive 30,000 miles a year.
3) Winter and snow.

In a few years, the kids won't be a problem. But does
anyone have an opinion on driving an Alfa 30,000 miles
a year? Maintenance items get replaced often at that
rate. How about snow? We're talking drop-top spiders
here, so GTV6/Milano/164 owners need not comment. How
is the traction in snow? Can I drive through an 12 inch
drift? Can the defroster keep up with a blizzard? Can
the heater keep more than my toes warm?

I live in the Boston area. But Bryan, if I can pick
up a running "beater" for $400, maybe I don't have
to get rid of my current FWD econo-box. Tempt me.

Kent, who shoulda stayed a lurker

End of alfa-digest V7 #267