Re: GTV-6 Power Steering & a Maserati Question

> Alan replied to Terrance's question:
> <<    - Would a Milano power steering unit be a direct fit?
>
> yes>
> >      - How big a fitting job would it be - any complications?
>
> the biggest strain is getting the rack in place >>
>
> I was considering doing the opposite; putting in a GTV6 rack to replace my
> leaky Milano power unit, until I noticed that the GTV6 rack is shorter, that
> is it appears that a Milano column would have to be lengthened to accept a
> GTV6 rack and conversely a GTV6 column would need to be shortened. Alan have
> you done this conversion?

I bought Todd Boyer's GTV6 which had the conversion already in
place--since I
previously replaced a standard GTV6 rack, I know the STRAIN!!
Regards,
Alan G. Lambert___________________________________<gerard@domain.elided>
           *******Los Altos, California (office)*******