Headlights

I recently found one headlamp cracked (either a touch-parker or someone
very envious of my freshly restored GTV). When I checked the local
autoparts store, the guy said that in the US, all headlights have standard
output. Is this correct and if so, is the wattage of standard headlights
within the capability of my stock wiring harness? The owners manual doesn't
list the wattage for the headlights.

(I know I can probably find the answer in the archives, but I needed to
test whether our ISP now has the reverse DNS hookups correct which has
prevented me from asking numerous questions over the past several months.)

Thanks in advance-
Mike Grace
Santa Barbara, CA
'74 GTV