Oil streak in header tank

Recently, I spotted oil streaks in the header tank of my 33. The
temperature has been
going up very fast, it takes less than 5 mins to reach 80 deg before the
fan comes on
to stabilize the temp. Almost after every journey the coolant level drops
considerably.
The engine oil level is also about the half way mark although I remember
topping up full
about 6 weeks back. My biggest fear is a blown head gasket which is a very
expensive job
here in Singapore. However, there is no water leaking from the exhaust,
engine oil shows
no signs of mayonaise and plugs are in good shape. What could be the
problem ??
The other problem I have is that the car lacks the pick-up it used to have,
instead pick-up
is rather sluggish, even at 5th gear, the car don't seem willing.
I suspect this may be the plugs used Champion N12YC.

Peter
92 33 1.5ie