RE: GTV-6 Power Steering & a Maserati Question

> >      - Would a Milano power steering unit be a direct fit?
>
> yes>
> >      - How big a fitting job would it be - any complications?
>
> the biggest strain is getting the rack in place

careful here, the rack looks like it will bolt right in, but there's the
issue of where to mount the pump.  if you've got a milano 2.5 or 3.0 block
you'll have a place to mount the power steering pump, i don't recall seeing
anything on the gtv6 block.

> >      - Would I be losing any of the wonderful responsiveness
> and feel that
> >      is part of the normal GTV-6 manual unit?

i've always thought that alfa did a great job with the power steering in the
milanos.  just enough to make it useful when parking, and still a great feel
at speed.  i'm still pondering power steering when i put the 3.0 in the
gtv6..

bs