Re: Crank-fired ignitions

At 08:51 PM 11/14/98 -0500, you wrote:

>Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 14:55:21 EST
>From: Rgramseur@domain.elided
>Subject: Crank fired ignition
>
>Has anyone attempted installation of the crank fired ignition systems that are
>making the rounds,especially on say a 1600 Veloce-engined car? There is
>precious little clearance between the crank pulley and either the front cover
>or the frame front member. In front of the pulley,behind? This one is from
>Electromotive but they must all be almost the same. All suggestions greatly
>appreciated!

Did you get any meaningful replies on this?  I have been intrigued
by the subject also - Ereminas has been advertising such a system
for $500 bucks (!!) in "Alfa Owner" for the past few months.  As
your message suggests, for a high-revving engine, this could be a
nice addition.  But, how it mounts is a bit of a mystery.

Sorry if you got a comprehensive reply, and I just missed it - I've
been traveling the past couple days, and read the last few digests
pretty quickly.

Regards

Jay Mackro