Re: Last Chance Prom and Goodyear Eagles

On Nov 16, 11:30pm, cuadra@domain.elided wrote:

> What gives? This is the second Goodyear Eagle NCT2 that has gone flat on me
> in two months.

Just a guess, but have you hit any curbs recently?  We had a similar problem on
my wife's car.  The tire would be fine for a while and then all of a sudden it
would lose pressure down to 15 psi or so (about 1 bar for those who haven't
been paying attention ;-).  Finally the tire shop noticed a dent in the wheel
rim that was the cause.  We figured out that the tire would only lose pressure
when parked with the wheel at a certain angle, so the combination of tire
compression where it touched the ground and the bend resulted in a leak.  A few
good whacks with a mallet by the tire guy and the problem is gone.  The tire
was not getting punctured of course, so if you are actually getting holes in
your tire then disregard all of this.  Unfortunately, running on a partially
deflated tire destroys the sidewall pretty fast, so we went through two
(fortunately only $100) replacements in a few months.  Funny, they were
Goodyears too (Eagle GA); not a bad tire IMO, although it's hardly a sports car
so I don't drive it hard.

Hope this helps,

Dave J.
82 GTV6