gtwe6-milano t/a's

hi all,

the question came up recently about different sized spacers/axles on gtwe6's &
milanos.  i recently had installed into my '86 gtwe6 a milano platinum t/a.  the
stub-axles (?) w/spacer mounts on the platinum t/a were installed w/the t/a.
the spacers & axle shafts were original '86 gtwe6.  spacer bolts were hex bolts,
vs the allen bolts on my milano werde.  everything lined up & fit properly,
indicating no size difference of the axles/spacers.  or, if there is a
difference, as long as you retain BOTH original spacers & axle shafts, you
shouldn't have a problem bolting milano lsd t/a's into gtwe6's.  OR, if you're
using milano spacers, use the milano axle-shafts as well.  or perhaps there's an
early-vs-late gtwe6 size difference?

hope this subtracts from, not adds to the confusion,

dug seed in