Milano sunroof

Help!

The sunroof on my 88 Verde is being obstinate. The rear edge will rise
above the roof line and will go down as if it would open, but will not
slide to the rear. There is no backward motion at all. I would like to
tear into it and attempt to find the problem, but I can not discover how
to release any of the mechanism to allow access. I would appreciate
pointers from anyone who has gone down this path before me.

Thanks in advance,
Jerry Engstrom
Boise, ID