164LS oil filter removal tips

If you have tried to remove oil filter yourself on post-94 164LS oil filter.
Here are some tips:

1. I have nine different kinds of filter wrenches, none of them worked there.
    I use a long pry bar with sharp point at one end. with a hammer
    drive it into filter, then you can turn filter just a little bit.  Plan
ahead
    location of puncture so you have maximum turning angle.  Even that it is
one
   a few degrees of turning at best.  You may have make a second hole before
   you can loosen filter by hand.   Wait a few minutes to let oil drain out of
filter.

2. Now after filter is loosen, don't be surprised that you cannot take it out
    of tight space.  In my case,  I loosen upper engine mount ( a torque rod )
    adjusting that torque rod longer, This push engine forward, so you have
just
    enoght space to remove the oil filter.   Now, you will appreciate that oil
filter
    is already drained as you wiggle it out of maze.

3.  Now, put in new filter and adjust upper engine mount back to normal
length.

After replaced 94 164LS oil filter, I suddnely felt my 92 164S has a lot of
space there.

Karl