Re: ALFA ROMEO & LOTUS IMPORTATION

Wow...it seems alot of us Alfisti are thinking along the same lines when they
read this month's issue of Road & Track featuring a Lotus Elise (Renault and
others) that was legalized by an independant importer.  I believe that the
price jumped from $30,000 in the
UK to about $49,000 once the legalization process was carried-out.  I think
all Alfa Romeo enthusiasts should pick-up the Road & Track to read for
inspiration.

As a guy that spends his day immersed in marketing strategies, I firmly
believe that the GTV, Spider and certainly the 156 (which would give the Volvo
S70 Turbo, Audi A4/6, Mercedes-Benz SLK,Porsche Boxter, and BMW 3 series a
real run for their money) would make some real sense for importing.  I
might've bought the 156 over our new
Volvo if I was given the choice.  Well, for now I'll be content with my near
15-year-old
Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce!

Chris Finks
AROO/AROC