More hot air

In my notes on the 75 Turbo variants I had mentioned that one of them was
apparently also the Fiat-based engine used on some later cars. In AD7-250
Keith writes that the 75 Turbo used an Alfa engine, not a Fiat engine. D'A-T
gives (skipping the turbo Evoluzione) two different engine type numbers for
the 75 1.8 turbos, 06134 (from 1986) and 61203 (from 1990) and two different
power outputs at the same speeds. All of the earlier Alfa-Alfa upright fours I
checked had engine type numbers 0+4 digits. Skipping forward to the 155 Fiat-
based turbos I found five digit engine type numbers 67203 and 67103, and
assumed that the 61203 of the late 75 turbo looked like the same family. An
easy fallacy. Looking harder, I found that the 164 had my hypothetical "Alfa"
engine type numbers on all the early ones, including the unquestionably Fiat-
based engine of the 1988 Turbo 4, and my hypothetical "Fiat" engine type
numbers for all the unquestionably Alfa-based late engines. So I had snookered
myself with a false assumption, misinterpreting a new numbering system. Thanks
to Keith for correcting me.

John H.