Competition Reference Book settings

Frank Formeister mentioned carbs/timing settings from AlfaRomeo Competition
Reference Book in AD#249. Does any of you have the data for 2000 racing
engines?

I understand it is impossible to standardize settings for the engines with
different modification under different condition. But as a reference to
start with, I believe it help us make sure we are on the right direction.

> BTW the Alfa Comp Ref book lists the carb settings at 36mm vent, 150 main,
>160 air corr, f-16 emulsion, 55F12 idle - obviously set up for flat out.

>3)  Ignition Timing should be set to the max. setting - don't bother with the
>static.  With the Marelli-Plex I run max advance at 34 degrees.  Ignition
>Timing in the Comp. handbook sets fixed at 3 degrees BTDC, +18 deg. @ 3K, +31
>@ 4K, +32 between 4.5 & 5.5K  and a max of  33 between 6 and 7 K rpm - these
>sound good for a street or modified engine.

Regards,

Taiju Kobayashi
Tokyo, Japan <where Comp Ref Book doesn't exist!>
'66 GTV "Corsa" <starting with 38mm choke,165main,185 air, max 38deg@4500rpm
on a 2000 engine with 45DCOE/13mm cams/12:1 CR/big valves/ported head>
'91 75 TS <factory stock>