Re: EFI fuel hose

On Nov 12, 11:45pm, Roger F. LaFerriere wrote:

> On EFI Alfas the large diameter hose from the tank to the fuel pump is
> LOW PRESSURE  hose. Any good quality fuel hose will work. The small diameter
> hose used after the fuel pump is high pressure hose ( the high pressure
> side of the pump ).

Aha, good point.  This may simplify finding some hose.  I bet a shop that does
old carb-equipped muscle cars will have some (a tuned 454 can drink fuel pretty
fast).  I am used to an EFI system with an in-tank pump, so this did not occur
to me.

Thanks to all those that responded with suggestions on the hoses and the banjo
fitting.  The car is a GTV6, not a Spider (guess I didn't clarify this), but
the advice on avoiding kinks will likely be useful in any case.

Thanks again (I love being on these digests!).

Dave J.
82 GTV6 (project)
94 Camaro Z28 (supercharged, daily driver)
92 VW Passat wagon (wife's car)

- --