CA smog

	I moved to the Republic of California in 1990 with a '75 Fiat
Spider. That production year, the CA models had a Catalytic converter, and
the other 49 states did not. Clearly a visual difference, in addition to the
underhood tag. I paid the $300 "smog impact fee" and it was registered and
tested as a non-CA car. I believe that the smog computer has different
testing standards for CA and non-CA spec cars.

	(PS: Do you have any friends in Nevada who want to own and register
your car for you to use? Never heard if it being done, and the insurance
company may not cover you if they find out about a shell game, but it is a
thought-provoking thought.)