Engine Oil

Peter

>>The standard engine oil for my 33 1.5ie is rated 10w 40. At the moment =
am
toying
with the options for the Castrol Formula SLX 0w - 30 or Syntron 5w - 50. =
am not<<

I am using BP Visco 5000 in my 33 which is a 5W40 synthetic oil. Some
people claim that 5w40 is too thin when cold, but I would prefer the easi=
er
life on the hydraulic tappets from cold. =

In a hot climate I would think the 5w50 would be better than the 0w30.

All the best

Keith