Re: Engine oil

Peter wrote:

>The standard engine oil for my 33 1.5ie is rated 10w 40. At the moment I
am
>toying
>with the options for the Castrol Formula SLX 0w - 30 or Syntron 5w - 50. I
>am not
>so much worried about the low temp rating but more so for the high temp as
the
>climate here in Singapore is pretty hot all year round. Which would be a
>better
>choice for me ???

In a warm climate, neither is a good choice.  Where you live, there's no
point in dropping below 10 weight on the cold side.  Amsoil 20W-50 would be
a better choice for you.  I use it here (where it gets cold) in both my
cars without any problems.  My Mitsubishi Mirage has over 150,000 miles on
it, and still has full compression -- still gets over 40 MPG too.

Rich
Manitou Springs, CO
'82 GTV6 Balocco