Vibration at Speed (75ts)

Can anyone help with a strange problem I've been having with my 75 Twin
Spark? Sometimes when I drive it, a strong vibration occurs around sweeping
60mph bends. This was only around right-handers until the other night (on
the way back from an AROC UK meeting) when it decided to vibrate around
left-handers and not when cornering to the right. Thing is, it only does it
every 3 or 4 times I take it out, and there's no correlation with weather
or road conditions. Recently, all 4 wheels have been balanced and the
tracking has been done, and a front wheel bearing tightened up. Thoughts
I've got at the moment are a worn power steering rack (gulp!) or somebody
yesterday suggested that maybe I should have spacers between the hubs and
the aftermarket wheels on the car, although surely then the vibration would
be permanently there.
It's starting to hamper my enjoyment of this brilliant car, so I'm anxious
to sort it out  asap. Any thoughts would be gratefully received.
Thanks very much in advance,

John

1988 75 ts (100,000 mile problems at the moment)
1980 Alfasud Ti (toy)