Teasing the People

So, I am out driving the new 164s and two teenage girls in a Tempo pull
up beside me at the light the one closest to me says: "Excuse me, what
brand of car is that" She has to repeat it after I turn down the radio
(jumping with Medeski Martin & Wood {this reference is for you Tim}). I
reply: "Alfa Romeo."
Looking puzzled she asks: "Is that new?"
"No, they've been around for nearly 100 years"
"Is that owned by Rolls Royce?"
Here I paused puzzled, then remembered that the rear sunshades were up
and it must look pretty formal from the rear, "No, it's Italian"
Puzzled look from her now.
"They are made by the same company that makes Ferraris," I said,
simplifying the corporate structure for brevity. It was almost, sort-of
true.
"Oh!" from both of them, nods and smiles all around. We drive away.

Is the 164S a chick magnet? Or were these just budding car enthusiasts?

Hoping my lovely wife continues to let me drive it,

Eric Sands
Lots of normal Alfas and one
Chick Magnet