Turning a Spider Engine

I'm at a loss for figuring out what should be quite simple.  How does one
go about turning a Spider engine by hand?  I'm checking the valve
clearances and want to be precise about the position of the cams.  Also, it
looks like I'll have to change the shims, so I want to put the engine at
TDC before I unbolt the cams.  Obviously, bumping the engine with the
starter is not an option.  Do I put it in 4th and roll it?  It still
doesn't sound like it would be precise enough.  My first thought was to put
a 38 mm socket on the crankshaft nut, but there's no room in there.  Or is
there?  Does anyone have a different way of doing this?

Octavian Popa - Issaquah, WA
'84 Spider
'87 Milano 2.5