Re: Seat Belts and Car Seats in GTV

Infant car seats should not be installed in the front seat. There are
seat belt mount points under the back seat. They may be covered by
the tar-like soundproofing. If you take out the back seat, and crawl
under the car, you should see the nuts welded to the underside. Poke
something through the nuts so you can see the holes from above, then
clean off the topside. You should be able to get standard lap belts
that can cinch down a car seat. I did it in my 67 GTV a few times.
The bolts are actually 7/16-20 SAE. I used Grade 8 bolts. You need a
car seat that is compatible with old-style fixed lap belts. Most of
the top brands should be ok. The one we used had a steel tube frame
that the belt looped through.

W.B. Peale wrote:

>Hi, all.  My wife and I are expecting a little Alfista and had some
>questions about carrying a baby in a 105 GTV.  The answers could
>determine whether the car stays in the family or not!
>
>Has anyone used a baby car seat in a GTV?  How did you secure it?  Any
>particular models recommended?  My 69 GTV has some race-style lap belts
>on the front seats, but it looks as if there are anchor points for
>shoulder straps just behind the rear edge of the doors and just below
>the rear quarter windows.  Are these in fact shoulder belt mounts?

Yes, they are shoulder belt mounts, but you may not be able to find
anything to fit them. Use the back seat and mount the car seat facing
backwards.