Re: Seat Belts and Car Seats in GTV

> Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 14:55:29 -0800
> From: "W.B. Peale" <peale@domain.elided>
> Subject: Seat Belts and Car Seats in GTV
>
> Hi, all.  My wife and I are expecting a little Alfista and had some
> questions about carrying a baby in a 105 GTV.  The answers could determine
> whether the car stays in the family or not!
>
> Has anyone used a baby car seat in a GTV?  How did you secure it?  Any
> particular models recommended?  My 69 GTV has some race-style lap belts on
> the front seats, but it looks as if there are anchor points for shoulder
> straps just behind the rear edge of the doors and just below the rear
> quarter windows.  Are these in fact shoulder belt mounts?
>
> Thanks for your help,
> W. B. Peale
> 69 GT Veloce

I have a '69 Sprint GTV, too.

There are threaded mount points for 3-point harness for all four seats.  The
anchor points you mention are the mount points for the front seat shoulder
belts.  The anchor points for the rear seat shoulder belts are in the parcel
tray, near the sides (I have used these for the tails of 4-point harness for
the front seat).

cheers,
chrisp