Uva's Brother

The smoke has cleared, the National Model and Hobby Show is over, and
Ihave the weight of the world off me.

Good, now I can enjoy my new acquisition. A week ago last Saturday I
took delivery of the cleanest, best maintained, most beautiful 164s you
would ever want to see. Owned by a fellow AROSC club member (rather
famous for his fastidiousness) my new red 92 164s is just shy of
perfect. And he came with a set of 16x7 Momo 6 spoke wheels, Ansa
exhaust, a chip, sway bars, cover and an upgraded sound system. All for
a realistic price. The only problem is a squeaky sway bar bushing,
should be a simple fix.

This is what is great about a club, and about the digest. I had let it
be known on the digest that I was in the market for a 164s (red) a
couple of months ago. Then at the Torrey Pines Hill Climb, a club member
who remembered my posting let me know that he heard this car was up for
sale. I knew of the car, having seen it briefly once and knew the
reputation of the Previous Owner. The next day I called and bought it
over the phone. Three days later I left on a week-long trip to
Chicago... with the car in the care of my wife (the sweet thing didn't
even touch the car, left that for me when I got home. What a nice
surprise).

Sooo... I have a week off to play, but the car is so perfect that I am
afraid to mess with anything but the sway bar! Oh well, Uva needs some
sorting....

My apologies to anyone that did not receive replies from me, I have not
intentionally been ignoring anyone, just busy. I will try to catch up on
the digest and hope to keep everyone informed on Uva's development and
her brothers experiences as well.

There is a picture of my 164s on the web site at:
        http://members.home.net/esands/gallery.htm
No, that is not just some factory photo, that is my actual car (PO was a
photographer).

Eric Sands
66 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
87 Milano Platino
78 Spider Veloce
92 164s (Roso)
(the neighbors surely refer to me as the "Alfa Looney down the street"
now!