tire buying experiences

Greetings, fellow mavens

I have had the opposite experience to karl's.
I tried to get  four  (4) Yoko AVS S4s at Wheel Works, and ended up
buying them at the Tire Rack. Nobody else could beat $66 for a V-rated
195/65/15 tire (they were $82 at WW). They shipped them in two days
(from nevada to ca), tax savings and all.

Hey....and my 164's shakes are gone completely ! the stupid michelins
got deformed or developed flat spots...

thx
luke

74 Spider, 82 GTV6, 95 164 LS

karl writes:

>        I have a tire-buying tip for San Francisco Area people, that may
> well apply elsewhere: I recently priced some Pirelli's on the Web with Tire
> Rack. Then I went to my local tire shop (Wheel Works in Sunnyvale) and asked
> about the same tire. Price was significantly higher.
>
>         I scratched my chin, looked pensive and said "Wweeellll...I can get
> them cheaper by mail order, can you mount them for me?". They ended up
> selling me the tires at a little over Tire Rack's delivered cost and I
> avoided the hassle of dealing with mailorder tires, loading them into my
> car, and finding a place to mount them.
>
>         My receipt from Wheel Works shows (as pre-programmed into their
> computer system) says "Tire Rack Discount".
>
>         Do your homework then just ask...they know the competition, and it
> is the web.
>
>         Alfa content? Well, it saved me at least $25 per tire that can spent
> elsewhere on Alfa bits.

- --
Danger!!! Personal opinion:    "SUVs 'R obSCENE"
Luke M. Kowalski, Interface Designer-   NETSCAPE
(mailto:lukek@domain.elided)         Mt. View, CA