Techron in Texaco Fuels?

Received this response from Chevron Consumer Affairs - thought you all
might be interested....

- ---------------------------

Texaco gasolines do not contain Techron*.  Texaco has their own
proprietary
deposit control additive called "Clean System 3."  Both Techron* and
Clean
System 3 belong to the same deposit control additive chemical family;
they
are both polyether amines.  I do not know whether Texaco makes Clean
System
3 themselves or buys it from another company.  Texaco adds Clean System 3
all grades of Texaco gasoline at about the same concentration as Techron*
in
Chevron Regular Unleaded.  (Chevron uses a higher concentration of
Techron*
in Chevron Supreme Unleaded.)

 While I'd never admit that the Texaco additive is as good as Techron,
our
tests indicate that it performs very well.  If I couldn't buy Chevron
gasoline with Techron*, I wouldn't hesitate to use Texaco gasoline with
Clean System 3 in my car.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]