Grand Prix

It is true that Frankenheimer wanted Steve McQueen for Grand Prix. The =
film won three oscars - film editing, sound recording and sound effects. =
I.m a goddamn treasure trove of Grand Prix trivia. I also saw Le Mans at =
the movies. It was released during the summer of '71 but was filmed =
during the '70 24 Hours. It was at the beginning of what I think was one =
of the greatest rivalries between makes in racing history - that between =
the Porsche 917 and Ferrari 512. These cars were awesome in every =
respect!!!!!!!!
Roger