RE: 75 TS Acceleration problems (was How To Test A 75TS AFM?)

Hi Willo,

Thank you for your thoughts. You wrote:

>I see that you are investigating the Fuel Injection system, but have you
>completely eliminated the ignition system from your investigations?

I disconnected the supply to one coil at a time and drove the car on one
ignition circuit for a couple of blocks and then a couple of blocks on the
other. There weren't any misses and the car seemed to run the same on each
circuit, so I am guessing there is nothing wrong with the ignition system.
But I could be wrong and I would welcome anyone putting me straight :-)

One thing I did notice though was that there seemed to be no difference
between running on one ignition system compared to running on both. Does
this sound right?

Also, when driving the car it seems to do the sluggish acceleration thing if
you drive with a heavy foot. If I ease the accelerator down, it seems to
accelerate better. However, having said that, I haven't worked out a pattern
yet for when I get the kick-in-the-pants acceleration that happens now and
then.

Cheers,
Dougal.